Google
 

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bolton's Davies out for 6 weeks

Bolton striker Kevin Davies could be sidelined for up to six weeks after tearing a hamstring.

He suffered the setback on Saturday during the 3-1 defeat by Newcastle and was replaced by Heidar Helguson in the second half.

Davies will now sit out the Barclays Premier League match against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Fellow striker Ricardo Vaz Te is also in danger of missing that game as he will have a scan later today on a foot injury.

Davies has been a big player for Bolton and manager Sammy Lee is disappointed the striker has picked up an injury at the start of the season.

Lee said: 'It is obviously a massive blow as he is such an influential player but it gives someone else the opportunity to stake a claim.''

El-Hadji Diouf could return against Fulham after being left frustrated at the weekend.

The Senegal striker is seeking talks with Lee after being left out of the starting line-up at the weekend.

He said: 'I just want to get everything clear in my head. I want to talk with the chairman and the manager because I want everything to be clear.

'If the manager tells me he has confidence in me, I do well. If I don't see that, I don't think I can stay. Right now as I talk, this is my crowd and this is my club.

'I don't know tomorrow, it is another day. Maybe tomorrow I go.

'Of course I was disappointed not to be on at the start. I am a footballer and I want to play every game.

'This is my crowd and everybody loves me here - that is why I want to play against Newcastle and every time there is a game.

'They decided I wasn't playing, though, and that was it.

'I respect the boss and his decision and I am here for the time.''

Source: Soccernet.com

0 comments: