Google
 

Friday, July 13, 2007

Liverpool agreed on Babel's £11.5m deal

Liverpool have reached agreement with Ajax Amsterdam to sign forward Ryan Babel for £11.5 million with a five year deal contract, the Dutch club said on Thursday.


The Reds will complete the signing of Holland-U21 forward Babel tomorrow. Babel, 20, will sign a five year deal with Liverpool after agreeing with personal terms and passing medical on Merseyside.

'Liverpool have agreed terms with Ajax and Ryan Babel himself and the player will sign a five-year-deal on Friday,' said a statement on the club's website.

'I am very happy with it,' Babel said of the transfer. 'I am now only at Ajax to say goodbye to everyone, and I must say that's quite difficult.

'I think I will miss the fans, the ones that have always supported me, the guys (Ajax team-mates) of course and the coach.

'I certainly leave Ajax with pain in my heart. I will come to Amsterdam quite often, and then I will come to visit the club.'

Babel revealed he took little persuading to make the move to Anfield.

'I listened to what they had to say and I got a great feeling about the club,' he told Ajax TV.

'I have made a choice with my heart. The coach (Benitez) has big plans for me.'

Source: Soccernet.com

0 comments: